Monday, October 6, 2014

Two Things

One: I got a 100% on my very first major test! Aaaah, that felt good. I also simultaneously got my first <100% in quizzes from both my classes last week. The blemishes on my grade reports are irritating the heck out of me! That irritation, on the other hand, is a source of quite a bit of personal amusement because I have never cared so much about my grades before. I would be happy just to get Bs or, gasp!, Cs in the past. But that's why I'm in this GPA rut right now, isn't it? I wish I had known that med school would be a possibility for me in the future. The things I would've done differently..

I talked to my father about this, and he said, "It is what it is. You know where you stand. This is your starting line. All you can do is work with what you've got. Looking back in regret is not going to be of any help to you, is it?"

Blaah, my father is always right. I live with regret now. Do I wanna keep living with it for the rest of my life? Heck to the effing no! Now if only my world would cooperate with this uncrushable dream of mine.

Two: I find myself battling this foreboding sense of impossibility that overwhelms me once in a while. I met a few minor potential setbacks today. Notice the italics. I don't actually know if these will be setbacks. I'm just adding extra stress to myself by counting them as one until they prove themselves otherwise. Go figure.


  • I tried mapping out my courses for Spring last night and realized it might not be possible to take the classes that I wanna take because of conflicting schedules. I hope things will look better by the time I can actually register for said classes, but it really makes me sad that even though I technically only work three days a week, I can't get my job to give me regular schedules so I can do school properly. Ugh, it's annoying! If I wasn't contracted for another year and a half, I think I would quit by the time I hit a year in February. 
  • I have permission to take Applied Calc I but, apparently, this doesn't meet my degree's requirements, so, instead, I have to try and fit in a 5-credit Pre-Calc/Trig class in the Spring so that I can take the required Calc later on. 
  • Aaaand I kinda got bored of my whining halfway through writing my Two's, so I'm gonna stop right here. 
Gotta take my pre-med cap off and put my nursing hat on now. Good night, everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment