Monday, September 29, 2014

This being back in school thing...

is a lot more time-consuming than I remember.

I only have two classes right now, yet I feel like I don't have enough time in the week to enjoy my life AND go to work AND study for school. To top it all of, I just got myself a new cat. Integrating him to my resident cat-and-dog troublemakers has been a challenge. I am currently typing this while sitting on the floor in the guest room where he is temporarily staying. I'm trying to get him accustomed to having us around. He's been so anxious these past few days. He even attacked our super friendly resident kitty! That really broke my heart. So we're going back to absolutely no visual contact like the shelter suggested. Thankfully, we have a two-bedroom house, so the new cat can take over the guest room. Unfortunately, that also means I do all my studying in a room with no desk so the kitty can get used to me.

Anyway, back to not having enough time. God, lately, I've been wondering if I don't have a touch of ADD. I've been having a hard time just focusing.

I do understand that I need to strengthen my commitment to this endeavor. I guess I'm jut finding it hard to slowly let go of my old lifestyle. But that was the point of only taking six credits this semester. I'm slowly working myself up to the challenge of the coming years.

Next semester, I'm taking three classes with two labs. At that point, I should've gained a better handle on my time management. That's the goal.

In other news, I cannot stress how much I love just sitting around in school. I love the transition from WTF-does-that-mean to 'Aha!' I'm having so much fun learning how to learn again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment